一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）
1. Beer is the most popular drink among male drinkers, ____A____ overall consumption is significantly higher than that of women.
2. Putting in a new window will ___B_____ cutting away part of the roof.
3. These books, which you can get at any bookshop, will give you ___A_____ you need.
A. all the information
B. all the informations
C. all of information
D. all of the information
4. You will see this product ___B_____ wherever you go.
A. to be advertised
5. I didn’t know the word. I had to ___C_____ a dictionary.
A. look out
B. make out
C. refer to
D. go over
6. Most broadcasters maintain that TV has been unfairly criticized and argue that the power of the medium is ____C____.
7. The early pioneers had to ____C____ many hardships to settle on the new land.
A. go along with
B. go back on
C. go through
D. go into
8. In order to show his boss what a careful worker he was, he took ____C____ trouble over the figures.
9. You ____B____ him so closely; you should have kept your distance.
A. shouldn’t follow
B. mustn’t follow
C. couldn’t’ have been following
D. shouldn’t have been following
10. As we can no longer wait for the delivery of our order, we have to ___D_____ it.
11. Not until the game had begun ___C_____ at the sports ground.
A. had he arrived
B. would he have arrived
C. did he arrive
D. should he have arrived
12. Peter, who had been driving all day, suggested ____B____ at the next town.
A. to stop
D. having stopped
13. It is said that the math teacher seems ____A____ towards bright students.
14. By law, when one makes a large purchase, he should have ___C_____ opportunity to change his mind.
15. Everybody ____A____ in the hall where they were welcomed by the secretary.
16. The suggestion that the major ___B_____ the prizes was accepted by everyone.
A. would present
D. ought to present
17. There are signs ____A____ restaurants are becoming more popular with families.
C. in which
18. I think I was at school, ___A_____ I was staying with a friends during the vacation when I heard the news.
A. or else
B. and then
C. or so
D. even so
19. —“May I speak to your manager Mr. Williams at five o’clock tonight?”—“I’m sorry. Mr. Williams ____A____ to a conference long before then.”
A. will have gone
B. had gone
C. would have gone
D. has gone
20. The growth of part-time and flexible working patterns, and of training and retraining schemes, ___D_____ more women to take advantage of employment opportunities.
A. have allowed
21. These surveys indicate that many crimes go ___A_____ by the police, mainly because not all victims report them.
B. to be unrecorded
D. to have been unrecorded
22. Young people are not ____B____ to stand and look at works of art; they want art they can participate in.
23. The professor could hardly find sufficient grounds ____D____ his arguments in favour of the new theory.
A. to be based on
B. to base on
C. which to base on
D. on which to base
24. I have no objection ____B____ your story again.
A. to hear
B. to hearing
C. to having heard
D. to have heard
25. The clothes a person wears may express his ____B____ or social position.
一、单选题（共 25 道试题，共 100 分。）
1. The sale usually takes place outside the house, with the audience ____C____ on benches, chairs or boxes.
A. having seated
D. having been seated
2. It is our ____A____ policy that we will achieve unity through peaceful means.
3. In Britain people ____C____ four million tons of potatoes every year.
4. Corn originated in the New World and thus was not known in Europe until Columbus found it ___A_____ in Cuba.
A. being cultivated
B. been cultivated
C. having cultivated
5. He is ___A_____ about his chances of winning a gold medal in the Olympics next year.
6. Mike’s uncle insists ___C_____ in this hotel.
A. staying not
B. not to stay
C. that he would not stay
D. that he not stay
7. In a sudden ____B____ of anger, the man tore up everything within reach.
8. The director was critical ____C____ the way we were doing the work.
9. Some diseases are ___D_____ by certain water animals.
10. We agreed to accept ____D____ they thought was the best tourist guide.
11. It is essential that these application forms ____D____ back as early as possible.
A. must be sent
B. will be sent
C. are sent
D. be sent
12. ____D____ she realized it was too late to go home.
A. No sooner it grew dark than
B. Hardly did it grow dark that
C. Scarcely had it grown dark than
D. It was not until dark that
13. Wouldn’t you rather your child ____B____ to bed early?
C. would go
14. Although many people view conflict as bad, conflict is sometimes useful ____C____ it forces people to test the relative merits of their attitudes and behaviors.
A. by which
B. to which
C. in that
D. so that
15. Niagara Falls is a great tourist ____B____, drawing millions of visitors every year.
16. The hopes, goals, fears and desires ___B_____ widely between men and women, between the rich and the poor.
17. Sometimes I wish I ____B____ in a different time and a different place.
A. be living
B. were living
C. would live
D. would have lived
18. I’d ____A____ his reputation with other farmers and business people in the community, and then make a decision about whether or not to approve a loan.
A. take into account
B. account for
C. make up for
D. make out
19. The words of his old teacher left a ____C____ impression on his mind. He is still influenced by them.
20. I don’t mind ____B____ the decision as long as it is not too late.
A. you to delay making
B. your delaying making
C. your delaying to make
D. you delay to make
21. She ought to stop work; she has a headache because she ____A____ too long.
A. has been reading
B. had read
C. is reading
22. Between 1974 and 1997, the number of overseas visitors expanded ____C____27%.
23. This kind of glasses manufactured by experienced craftsmen ____B____ comfortably.
A. is worn
D. are worn
24. Although Anne is happy with her success she wonders ____B____ will happen to her private life.
25. She cooked the meat for a long time so as to make it ____D____ enough to eat.