中国医科大学 2015 年 1 月考试《英语 2》考查课试题
一、单选题（共 50 道试题，共 100 分。 ）
1. Don’t put the TV set in ______ place.
A. a such warm
B. what warm a
C. how warm a
D. too warm a
2. I____ that such a plan will not work.
A. have come to the conclusion
B. have come to it
C. have to
D. have come
3. As 409 students ____ out of their exam, they found all but one exit blocke
4. The teacher is busy ___________ the exam now.
A. making up for
B. making up
C. making up of
D. making for
5. Although the false banknotes fooled many people, they did not ______ to close examination.
A. look up
B. pay up
C. keep up
D. stand up
6. The size of the audience,____ we had expected, was well over one thousan
7. These apples are ________ those I bought yesterday
A. more superior to
B. superior to
C. more superior than
D. superior than
8. If you come to my office, I’ll tell you the whole story ________.
A. in detail
B. in public
C. in addition
D. in groups
9. From what I’d heard I ________ Miss Yang must be a very popular with her pupils.
10. Cigarette smoking is a major ________ to people’s health.
11. .The twin brothers _________little __________.
A. hold…in common
B. share…in common
C. have…in common
D. gain…in common
12. When she heard of her son‘s sudden death, the poor old woman
A. went mad
B. turned bad
C. went wrong
D. went bad
13. In the 1929 economic ________, many Americans lost their jobs.
14. We learn to ________ before we learn to walk.
15. ________ a highly intelligent animal like the seal, elementary training is easy.
A. In the case
B. In the case of
C. In case of
D. In case
16. Read the paper and __________ it __________ to the other teachers.
17. I can hear the Browns’ phone bell ring but no one is answering it;they ____be at home.
C. probably not
18. _________ there is life there is hope.
B. As long as
19. The man’s eyes _________ with fear when he saw the robber’s gun.
20. This chimney____ a lot of waste gas.
A. gives away
B. gives in
C. gives up
D. gives off
21. Another issue____ the new republic is the problem of the education of its citizen.
22. As a result of careless was hing, the jacket _____ to a child’s size.
23. Help arrived at the _________ moment when the flood was about to drown the houses.
24. Many sources of information are sure to____our chances of getting in touch with the current events in the worl
25. Self-confidence ensures the doctor that the decision he is going to make is _______.
26. I’m ___ the impression that you have made much progress in your English study.
27. It’ s now exactly half past seven._______, the doctor has been here for two hours.
A. In other words
B. In another word
C. On the other hand
D. What‘s more
28. He ________ a system to put Chinese characters into computers.
29. I’m sorry to have taken up so much of your ___ time.
30. Farmers ________ use more machinery now.
B. tend into
C. tend to
D. to tend
31. The mother grew _________ when his son did not return home late at night.
32. All of us would have enjoyed the party much more if there ___ quite such a crowd of people there.
B. hasn’t been
C. hadn’t been
D. wouldn’t been
33. Most of his _____ were never carried out for lack of money.
34. Businessmen always try their best to________highest profit from their business.
35. Bill has ________ to Beijing University for a teaching assistantship, but his chances of getting it are slim.
36. Her grandson is the ________ of her eye.
37. The bell rang ___________ I had time to look over my examination paper.
38. They moved to the ________ so that their children could have a backyard to play in.
39. Many species of animals which once lived on the earth are no longer _______.
A. in practice
B. in existence
C. in common
D. in turn
40. After years of efforts, those originally _________ hills are now covered with young trees.
41. Though the job requires a great deal of effort, the _______ is quite low.
42. It was dark .We decided to _______ for the night at a beerhouse.
A. put away
B. put down
C. put up
D. put on
43. I was so __________ that I didn’t feel like eating anything.
44. I gave her a ________ on the back and told her she had done fine work.
45. They have discovered a new medical herb, which they have ________ a large number of patients and found to have great healing power.
B. tried on
C. took on
D. tried with
46. It's ______ difficult _____ even contemplate the idea that soon I will be waking up in the mornings and not have a class to which I should be going.
A. too; that
B. so; that
47. There is __________ here who won’ t help you when you find yourself in difficulty.
48. An iron tool, if never used, will ____ with rust.
49. The doctor’s report _________ that his death was due to heart disease.
50. Tom still __________ his mistakes long after the experiment was over.
A. dwelt with
B. dwelt on
C. dwelt in
D. dwelt at