一、单选题（共 40 道试题，共 100 分。）
1. I can't find my book. Perhaps I _______ it behind in the office yesterday.
2. —Do you think I could borrow your dictionary this weekend? —Sorry, but ________________
A. you can not have it right away.
B. I'm sure you'll like it.
C. I'm going to need it myself.
D. the dictionary is just there.
3. Are you going to fix the car yourself, or are you going to have it _______?
B. to fix
4. —Would you like to go skating with me? —________________.
A. Yes, I think so
B. No, thanks
C. Yes, I'd love to
D. I'm afraid not
5. —Congratulations! You won the first prize in today’s speech contest. —________________.
A. Yes, I beat the others
B. Yes, I won the first
C. It is a pleasure
D. Thank you.
6. It is _______ that he has to ask for help.
A. so a big job
B. a so big job
C. such big job
D. such a big job
7. He goes to _______ church every Sunday. _______ church he usually goes to has the seating for over a thousand.
A. a; The
B. /; The
C. the; The
D. a; /
8. —Would you like something to drink? What about a cup of tea? —________________
A. No, thanks
B. No, I wouldn't
C. Yes, I want
D. Yes, I like
9. —Don't forget to come to my party this evening! —________________
A. I can't.
B. I won't.
C. I don't.
D. I will.
Sixteen-year-old Maria was waiting in line at the airport in Santo Domingo. She was leaving her native country to join her sister in the United States. She spoke English very well. Though she was very happy she could go abroad, she was feeling sad at leaving her family and friends. As she was thinking all about this, she suddenly heard the airline employee asking her to pick up her luggage and put it on the scales (称). Maria pulled and pulled. The bag was too heavy and she just couldn't lift it up. The man behind her got very impatient. He, too, was waiting to check in his luggage.
"What's wrong with this girl?" He said, "Why doesn't she hurry up?" He moved forward and placed his bag on the counter, hoping to check in first. He was in a hurry to get a good seat.
Maria was very angry, but she was very polite. And in her best English she said, "Why are you so upset? There are enough seats for everyone on the plane. If you are in such a hurry, why can't you give me a hand with my luggage?"
The man was surprised to hear Maria speak English. He quickly picked up her luggage and stepped back. Everyone was looking at him with disapproval.
(2)、You believe that the work of the airline employee mentioned in the story is to ______ at the airport.
A. help carry people's luggage
B. ask people to pick up the luggage
C. check people's luggage
D. take care of people's luggage
11. — Can I help you with your suitcase? —________________.
A. I have no idea
B. No, no. I can carry it myself
C. That’s a good idea
D. Thank you. I can manage myself
12. —Hello, I’d like to talk to the headmaster now. —________________.
A. Sorry, he is busy at the moment
B. No, you can’t
C. Sorry, you can’t
D. I don’t know
13. We need a place _______ this one.
A. twice as larger as
B. twice as large as
C. as twice large
D. as large as twice
14. Jim _______ Japan in 1980 and _______ in China ever since.
B. left; has lived
C. has left;lived
D. has left;has lived
15. _______ the computer _______ it can work.
A. Smaller; faster
B. smallest; fastest
C. The smaller; the faster
D. The smallest; The fastest
16. Bill hit his car into a wall last night.
17. Nancy is _______ girl.
A. a eighteen-year-old
B. an eighteen-years-old
C. a eighteen-years-old
D. an eighteen-year-old
18. It is necessary _______ a foreign language.
A. of college students to master
B. for college students to master
C. that college students master
D. that college students to master
19. —Hello, May I speak to Don, please? —________________?
A. I am Don. Who are you
B. Who’s there
C. Who could I help
D. This is Don. Who’s speaking
20. The old woman next door is very keen _______ growing roses.
21. We are interested in the weather because it _______ us so directly-what we wear, what we do, and even how we feel.
As long as the sun shines, the earth will not run out of energy. The sun pours more energy on earth than we can ever use. Most of that energy comes to us as heat and light. Energy from the sun is called solar energy.
Anything to do with the sun is called "solar". The word began with the Roman word for the sun and their god of the sun, who was called Sol. Solar energy is a safe kind of energy. It doesn't make pollution or have dangerous leftovers. That is why scientists and investors are experimenting with ways of harnessing（治理利用）the sun to do some of the jobs fossil fuels have been doing.
But to make the sun do work like that, they have to solve some problems. They have to collect the sun's energy. Collecting sunshine is not easy, unless you are a plant. Sunshine is not easy to store, either. You can't fill a tank with it or put it in the wood box. You can not move it through a pipe or a wire. You can not just turn it on.
(4)、What are the problems facing scientists who want to use solar energy?
A. It is not easy to collect.
B. It is not easy to store.
C. It is not easy to find out.
D. both A and B.
23. —Could I see your ticket please? —________________
A. I am not sure yet
B. I'd love one
C. I might be. Why?
D. Here you are.
24. When I came to see him last evening, he _______ football game.
A. has watched
B. was watched
D. was watching
25. This kind of material expands _______ the temperature increasing.
26. Before I got to the cinema, the film _______.
A. had begun
B. has begun
C. is begun
D. was beginning
27. —I didn't mean to do that. Please forgive me. —________________.
A. Not too bad
B. That's all right
C. It's a pleasure
D. Thank you
28. The doctor advised her _______ enough rest before going back to work.
B. to get
29. He _______ whether he should make one last attempt to save the man.
30. She only knew that she went there _______, but forgot about the exact date.
B. on Sunday
C. on a Sunday
D. in a Sunday
31. Not only does John read newspapers, he also reads magazines.
A. 约翰既不读报, 也不看杂志。
B. 约翰不读报, 但看杂志。
D. 约翰不仅读报, 而且还看杂志。
32. Tom likes to playing _______, while his sister likes to play _______.
A. football; the piano
B. the football; the piano
C. the football; piano
D. football; piano
33. —This box is too heavy for me to carry it upstaris. —________________.
A. You may ask for help.
B. I’ll give you a hand.
C. Please do e a favor.
D. I’d come to help.
34. The sun _______ in the east and _______ in the west.
A. rise; set
B. rises; sets
C. rose; set
D. is rising; is setting
35. You'd better _______ in bed. It's bad for your eyes.
A. not to read
B. not read
C. don't read
36. I felt that I was not yet _______ to travel.
A. so well
B. so good
C. strong enough
D. enough well
37. The Japanese, _______ average, live much longer than the Europeans.
38. John speaks French as fluently as he does German.
39. The car accident happened at _______ crossroads a few metres away from _______ bank.
A. the; /
B. /; a
C. /; the
D. the; the
40. —Hello, I'd like to speak to Mr. Wang. —He's out to lunch now. ________________. —Sure, thank you. _______________.
A. Sorry, you can't
B. I don't know
C. No, you can't
D. Would you mind calling back later?