31. Are you feeling better today, Jack?
A. There must be something wrong. B. Just have a good rest.
C. Yes, thank you, doctor. But I still don't feel good. D. Don’t worry about me.
32. Thank you so much for your lovely gift.
A. Never mind. B. I'm glad you like it. C. Please don't say so. D. No, It's not so good.
33. Would you like something to drink? What about a cup of tea?
A. No, thanks. B. No, I wouldn’t C. Yes, I want. D. Yes, I like.
34. What's the problem with your bike?
A. Not at all. B. Good, thank you. C. Nothing serious. D. Sure.
35. Good morning, John. How are you doing?
A. I'm pleased B. Good night. C. Not so bad. And you? D. How do you do?
36. How do you do?
A. Fine, thank you. B. How do you do? C. Not too bad. D. Very well.
37. Good-bye for now.
A. The same to you. B. That's OK C. See you. D. Long time no see.
38. Hello, how are you?
A. Hello, how are you? B. How do you do? C. Fine, thank you. D. That's OK.
39. I didn't mean to do that. Please forgive me.
A. Not too bad. B. That's all right C. It's a pleasure. D. Thank you.
40. Thank you for your invitation.
A. It doesn’t matter. B. It's a pleasure. C. It's a small thing. D. I'll appreciate it.
41. What a beautiful dress you have on today!
A. It is suitable for me. B. No, it isn’t. C. You want to have one, too? D. Thank you.
42. I think he is a good lecturer.
A. Sorry, it doesn’t matter. B. So do I.
C. Yes. It's a good idea D. I don't mind
43. — What's the matter, dear?
A. I didn't go to school. B. I have a terrible headache.
C. I took the kids shopping today. D. It is a beautiful dress.
44. Good morning, may I speak to Mark, please?
A. Who's there? B. Who's that speaking?
C. Who are you? D. Who wants to speak to Mark?
45. Let me introduce myself. I'm Steward.
A. What a pleasure. B. Pleased to meet you. C. I don't know. D. Thanks a lot.
46. Let's go to the library this afternoon.
A. Yes, that's right. B. No. I can't. C. What about you? D. That's a good idea.
47. What does Tom's wife do for a living?
A. She is a doctor. B. Tom loves his wife. C. She has a happy life. D. She lives far from here.
48. How tall is your sister?
A. She is not very well. B. She is 28 years old. C. She is very nice. D. She is as tall as I am.
49. What do you think of this novel?
A. I've read it. B. It's well-written.
C. It was written by my uncle. D. I bought it yesterday.
50. How much is this necklace?
A. It's very nice. B. It's a birthday present from my parents.
C. It costs fifty pounds. D. It's a bargain.
51. How can I get to the cinema?
A. It's very far. B. Yes, there is a cinema near here.
C. It's well known. D. Go down this street and turn left.
52. What's the matter, John?
A. I failed my French test B. It doesn't matter.
C. Nothing's wrong with him. D. I don't think I can.
53. What are you majoring in?
A. In a university. B. Very hard. C. Mathematics. D. At nine in the morning.
54. Are you going on holiday for a long time?
A. It was a long time. B. Two weeks ago.
C. No. Only a couple of days. D. Not long time ago.
55. Is Mary there?
A. Speaking. B. I'm not Mary. C. Who are you? D. Mary is well today.
56. What day is today?
A. It's March 6. B. It's a fine day today. C. It's March. D. It's Monday.
57. Is that seat taken?
A. Please don't worry. B. I don't think so. C. Why not? D. It's very nice.
58. Thank you for calling.
A. Don’t mention it. B. That's fine. C. Nice talking to you. D. Call back again.
59. How are you getting on today?
A. Very well. B. How do you do? C. I'm a doctor. D. Nice to have known you.
60. How's your family?
A. Thanks all the same. B. Thanks for calling. C. Not too bad. D. Don't mention it.