1. — How are you, Bob?
A. How are you? B. I'm fine. Thank you. C. How do you do? D. Nice to meet you.
2. — Thanks for your help.
A. My pleasure. B. Never mind. C. Quite right. D. Don't thank me.
3. — Hello, I'm Harry Potter.
— Hello, my name is Charles Green, but ________ .
A. call my Charles B. call me at Charles C. call me Charles D. call Charles me
4. — Paul, ________?
— Oh, that's my father! And beside him, my mother.
A. what is the person over there B. who's talking over there
C. what are they doing D. which is that
5. — Hi, Tom, how's everything with you?
— ________, and how are you?
A. Don't mention it B. Hm, not too bad C. Thanks D. Pretty fast
6. — Who's ________ ?
— This is Tom.
A. speaks B. spoken C. speaking D. saying
7. — I'm sorry. I am late due to the heavy traffic.
A. Well, it's OK. B. No, it's all right. C. You are welcome. D. You are wrong.
8. — It's rather cold in here. Do you mind if I close the window?
A. Yes, please. B. No, please. C. Sure, please. D. I don't like it.
9. — ________
— He teaches physics in a school.
A. What does your father do? B. Who is your father?
C. What is your father doing? D. Where is your father now?
10. — Excuse me, how much is the jacket?
— It's 499 Yuan.
A. Oh, no. That's OK! B. How do you like it?
C. Which do you prefer? D. Would you like to try it on?
11. — Could you help me with my physics, please?
A. No, no way. B. No, I couldn't C. No, I can't.
D. Sorry I can't. I have to go to a meeting right now.
12. — Could I speak to Don Watkins, please?
A. Speaking, please. B. Oh, how are you? C. I'm listening. D. I'm Don.
13. — Could I borrow your car for a few days?
A. Yes, you may borrow. B. Yes, go on.
C. Sure, here is the key. Enjoy your journey. D. It doesn't matter.
14. — Thank you for inviting me.
A. I really had a happy time. B. Oh, it's too late.
C. Thank you for coming. D. Oh, so slowly?
15. — May I see your tickets, please?
A. Sure. B. No, you can't. C. No, they are mine. D. Yes, you can.
16. — Please help yourself to the seafood.
A. No, I can't. B. Sorry, I can’t help.
C. Well, seafood don’t suit. D. Well, I'm afraid I don't like seafood.
17. — Would you like to go to the concert with us this evening?
A. No, I already have plans. B. I'd love to, but I'm busy tonight
C. No, I really don't like being with you. D. I'm ill, so I shouldn't go out.
18. — Congratulations! You won the first prize in today's speech contest.
A. Yes, I beat the others. B. No, no, I didn’t do it well.
C. Thank you. D. It's a pleasure.
19. — Must I take a taxi?
— No, you ______. You can take my car.
A. had better to B. don't C. must not D. don't have to
20. — We are going to have a singing party tonight. Would you like to join us?
A. I'm afraid not, because I have to go to an important meeting.
B. Of course not. I have no idea C. No, I can’t. D. That's all set