1. — Write to me when you get home.
— OK, I ___________.
A. must B. should C. will D. can
2. Tom is so talkative. I’m sure you'll soon get tired ________ him.
A. of B. with C. at D. on
3. I don't know _________ to deal with such matter.
A. what B. how C. which D. /
4. — ________ is your girl friend like?
— She is very kind and good-looking.
A. How B. What C. Which D. Who
5. He ________ driving me home, even though I told him I lived nearby.
A. insisted on B. insisted at C. insisted that D. insisted in
6. We came finally ______ the conclusion that she has been telling lies all the time.
A. of B. into C. to D. at
7. I won’t make the ______ mistake next time.
A. like B. same C. near D. similar
8. He ______ lives in the house where he was born.
A. already B. yet C. still D. ever
9. I am not used to speaking ________ public.
A. in B. at C. on D. to
10. I didn’t know what to do, but then an idea suddenly ________to me.
A. appeared B. happened C. occurred D. emerged
11. Measles （麻疹） ________ a long time to get over.
A. spend B. spends C. take D. takes
12. A pair of spectacles ________ what I need at the moment.
A. is B. are C. has D. have
13. — Do you want to wait?
— Five days ________ too long for me to wait.
A. was B. were C. is D. are
14. You had better ________ a doctor as soon as possible.
A. seeing B. saw C. see D. seen
15. The boy is not happy at the new school. He has ________ friends there.
A. few B. a few C. little D. a little
16. I fell and hurt myself while I ________ basketball yesterday.
A. was playing B. am playing C. play D. played
17. Tom ________ more than twenty pounds on the novel.
A. spent B. paid C. cost D. took
18. Don't forget _________ the window before leaving the room.
A. to have closed B. to close C. having closed D. closing
19. Twenty people were______ wounded in the air crash.
A. quickly B. wrongly C. bitterly D. seriously
20. The top of the Great Wall is ________ for five horses to go side by side.
A. wide B. so wide C. wide enough D. enough wide
21. We’ve missed the last bus. I'm afraid we have no ______ but to take a taxi.
A. way B. choice C. possibility D. selection
22. Nancy is considered to be _________ the other students in her class.
A. less intelligent B. the most intelligent C. intelligent as well D. as intelligent as
23. It's __________ that he was wrong.
A. clearly B. clarity C. clear D. clearing
24. There _________ a book and some magazines on the desk.
A. is B. be C. have D. has
25. She is not only my classmate __________ also my good friend.
A. or B. but C. and D. too
26. He asked the waiter ________ the bill.
A. on B. of C. for D. after
27. __________ you are leaving tomorrow, we can have dinner together tonight.
A. Since B. While C. For D. Before
28. I would like to do the job ________ you don't force me to study.
A. in case B. although C. though D. as long as
29. The reason I did not go abroad was ________ a job in my home town.
A. because B. due to C. that I got D. because of getting
30. __________ she survived the accident is miracle.
A. What B. That C. As D. Which